Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Unbirthday Party...or...The Anti-Party Birthday

   Ok...first...necessity is the mother of invention.  Second, I will have to admit that No. 2 son's birthday just came out of nowhere and suprised me this year.  Over the years, I have become less and less of a planner and more and more a fan of the "fly by the seat of your pants" methodology.  Luckily, I function generally well under pressure.
      So, Monday, I realize that Carson's actual birthday is Tuesday. No weekend party planned, no sleepover, no cake ordered nor the materials to bake one...as a matter of fact, he has an orthodontist appointment scheduled that day.  If that doesn't spell F U N  then I don't know what does.  That's right up there with the year I put new toothbrushes and socks in the Christmas stockings. 
     Anyway...On Tuesday, between errands, I inform Carson that since this is his special day, he gets to pick anything or anyplace he wants for supper, and either bowling or a movie.  I took a courtesy spin thru the parking lot of the cheap theater, not to influence, just to see if there was anything he wanted to see there.  Cha-Ching...Yogi Bear is there!!!  It gets better, for supper, he wants to order Papa John's Pizza and have it delivered at home...$12.42...theater tickets...$15.00 for a family of six (one free baby of course)...Back at home, I happened to have all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies...so I made some and one big one for the birthday boy...he loved it.   I may be done with birthday parties forever! This was too easy.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds awesome. I think as they get older that kind of party is preferable anyway. You know that Felix's party is more for me than him...he'll never remember it!

    ReplyDelete